The Oncology Research Center (ORC) provides the opportunity to combine different expertises, conduct studies and share information in the field of oncology. These opportunities optimize and facilitate basic, pre-clinical, translational, psychosocial, clinical and public health research being performed by scientists at the ORC.
- Share information about current and future research projects.
- Coordinate collaboration and foster interactions between members of the cluster.
- Facilitate external contacts.
- Optimize the utilization of common resources and technology platform.
- Integrate expertise and efforts of the participating groups to achieve a center of expertise in the VUB/UZ.
- Establish state-of-the-art technology platforms that facilitate basic- and translational cancer research.
- Achieve highest standard of care, research and scientific education in the field of oncology.
- Accelerate and maximize access to innovative treatments for the cancer patients.
The Oncology Research Center is a cluster that consists of five research groups:
Laboratory of Molecular and Cellular Therapy (LMCT)
Prof. Karine Breckpot
Translational Radiation Oncology, supportive care and Physics (TROP)
Prof. Mark De Ridder